Private Group Workshop
Do you and your friends love browsing all the gorgeous modern calligraphy on Pinterest and Instagram? Well, let's get you making your own gorgeous lettered items!! Gather some friends and I'll come give you a private class. Hostess is free!
| WORKSHOP |
This 3 hour modern dip pen calligraphy workshop is designed for the beginner. Maybe you want to be able to address your sister's wedding invitations or maybe you just want a new hobby. Maybe you have seen gorgeous calligraphy posts on Instagram, have dabbled a little but now you need some help jump-starting your skills. Whatever your goal is, this workshop is designed to get you on the road to creating your own gorgeous lettering art. We will start with the basics (how to hold the pen, nib preparation, fundamental strokes) and continue all the way to building and connecting letter forms into whole words. Throughout instruction, you will be taught tips about different papers, inks and nibs and be able to ask any questions that come to mind.
| DATE |
• Please contact Kestrel to schedule a date
| LOCATION |
• Client-provided venue space within SF and North Bay Area
• Client will ensure good lighting, seating at tables, sufficient elbow room
• InkMeThis will provide document camera and projector (if needed)
| SUPPLIES |
• All needed supplies will be provided and are yours to keep so you can continue to practice your newly acquired skills at home.
• 1 Jar of black sumi ink or walnut ink
• Variety of Calligraphy nibs
• 1 Oblique calligraphy pen holder
• 1 Set of instructional pages printed on calligraphy quality paper covering upper and lowercase alphabet, full word practice and numerals
| PAYMENT SCHEDULE |
• $125/person with a 5 person minimum (within Sonoma/Marin/Napa counties).
• Any additional participants are at a reduced rate of $100/person
• Host(ess) is granted registration at no charge
• The date is secured with the payment of the minimum 5 people.
• The final head count and balance (if any) is due 24 hours before the event.
| CANCELLATION |
• Full refund will be granted if event is cancelled within 20 days of event.
• Refund of 50% will be granted up to 10 days prior to event.
• No refund will be granted after the 10 day mark.
• Postponement is available with 96 hour minimum advance notice communicated by client via email.
• Workshop must be rescheduled within 3 months or payment is forfeited.
| FAQs |
• Do I have to bring anything? Not at all. I will provide all calligraphy supplies needed.
• If I have horrible handwriting will I be able to do this? Yes! Calligraphy is very different from handwriting. In fact, we are going to throw everything you learned about cursive out the window. I don't have particularly nice handwriting myself either.
• Can a lefty do this? Absolutely! There are some very talented left-handed calligraphers out there.
| ABOUT KESTREL |
• My formal career training is in teaching (I have a master's degree in education and used to teach Spanish and math at a local high school and junior college). This background gives me the pedagogical knowledge to structure the workshop for best learning. I am a self-taught calligrapher who has turned this art/skill into my full time business. I love combining those two interests into teaching modern calligraphy to others who want to enjoy this fun and popular hobby!
| AGREEMENTS |
By registering for the workshop you agree to the below terms, which form a binding legal contract between Kestrel Montes and the registered attendee. If applicable, by purchasing registration for another participant, you attest that s/he is aware of and agrees to the below terms.
• EVENT FEE: Any additional costs such as travel or meal expenses are not included in registration and shall be born by the attendee.
• PHOTO RELEASE: By participating in the workshop, you acknowledge and agree to grant InkMeThis the right to capture and use your image without any further approval from you or any payment to you.
• EVENT CONTENT: The contents and materials used in the workshop are the sole intellectual property of Kestrel Montes. Workshop materials are for personal use by the attendee and may not be redistributed in any manner. Attendees may not record audio or video of the workshop session.
• PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENT: Participants should be at least 14 years old. Please do not bring children/babies with you to the workshop.
• PAYMENT: Payment in full is due upon registration.
• REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS: Requests for refund will not be granted. In the event that Kestrel Montes must cancel the workshop, an alternate date or full refund will be offered.
• DISCLAIMER: The workshop content and materials are provided on a "as-is" basis. Kestrel Montes gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the workshop.