Calligraphy Starter Set
Learn the art of dip pen calligraphy with this complete starter set. The perfect gift for that special someone (including yourself!) who has always wanted to dive into the art of pointed pen calligraphy but didn't know what is needed. This calligraphy set includes a real wood calligraphy pen, popular and beginner-friendly nibs, black calligraphy ink, and a guide sheet to place under your paper! Get ready to create!
| DETAILS |
• 1 natural Rosewood oblique calligraphy pen holder (please make note on order if you are left handed and need a straight holder instead)
• 1 Glass Inkwell with lid, holds about 1 teaspoon of ink
• 2 Brause Steno also known as Blue Pumpkin (a stiffer nib for good beginner control)
• 2 Hunt 22b nibs (sharper nib for a finer hairlines)
• 1 gold nib tin to keep them all tidy sand safe
• Yasutomo traditional Japanese sumi ink 60mL
• Tine exercise and Basic Stroke exercises
• Calligraphy guide sheet underlay printed on plastic velum
| PAPER |
Writing with nib and ink can create feathering on some papers. Go ahead and practice on the paper you have on hand. Then, if you are getting ink bleed, here are some paper recommendations: Rhodia, Claire Fontaine, HP Premium 32 Laser, Strathmore 25% cotton, Mohawk Via.