Commissioned Calligraphy/Engraving: Nancy D
text provided via email
I always consider it an honor and a privilege to be included in your special project, whether a full invitation design, your wedding vows/poem, event place cards, or anything in between. I know that you have put thought and care into your special gift or event. You can trust me to put great thought and care into my work.
Because this may be your first experience commissioning calligraphy, I thought it would help to explain a little how all this works. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you again for choosing me to be a part of your special project!!
- Services | I will personally provide all the agreed upon services. I do not outsource to other artists without letting you know.
- Artistic Style | Upon contracting my services, you should have spent time reviewing my work to know that you like and trust my artistic style and abilities. You can be assured that I will create your project to the same quality as the samples you see on my website. Work that is digitized for printing will include 3 proof revisions so that you have opportunity to review and request changes.
- Handwritten Work | Please keep in mind that, unlike computer-generated text, the beauty of handwritten calligraphy is the natural variation in letter form and layout. My hand will not make each letter exactly the same every single time. These variations result in every piece of writing being a unique work of art.
- Licensing | As the artist, I remain the sole owner of all artistic rights. I do not grant legal right to reproduce, copy, alter, or manufacture my work without a specific and separate licensing agreement.
- Photography | You are more than welcome (and encouraged!) to share images of my work on social media. Please ensure that you clearly credit me on any and all posts (i.e. “Calligraphy by Kestrel Montes”). If sharing on Instagram, please tag @inkmethis. I highly appreciate it when you send me any professional photography taken of my work. I will take care not to post photos that contain full addresses or contact information (i.e. envelope photos will always be digitally altered or cropped to protect privacy).
- Payment Schedule | Orders under $500 must be paid in full in advance. Orders over $500 require a 50% non-refundable deposit with balance due before shipping. Final product will not be shipped until payment in full is received regardless of agreed upon project completion date. For projects of a digital nature (i.e. logo design), payment in full is due before work begins.
- Quantity Changes | If the quantity of guests/product decreases after payment of the 50% non refundable deposit, the agreed upon rate is not adjusted.
- Rush Orders | If the project is needed in under two weeks from order date, a rush fee of 20% will apply.
- Text Submission | The provided text will be written exactly as submitted. If I notice any concerns after receiving the text, I will contact you. Please ensure that you have thoroughly reviewed and edited all text before submission. For text of a single project nature such as wedding vows or poems, no changes may be made after work has begun.
- Address Formatting | List may be provided as Word document or Excel spreadsheet. Please make sure to provide the names exactly as you wish them to be written (including titles such as Mr., Ms., Doctor or Junior). If more than 25% of the addresses are located outside of the US, there will be an additional fee of 10% the Total Cost added to the final invoice.
- Additional Blanks | Please understand that error is inevitable in hand-produced work. For projects such as envelopes and place cards, please provide a minimum of 20% additional blank product with a minimum of 10 count. The more extras I have, the faster I can work and the sooner you will get your order.
- Corrections | Please review the final order upon receipt to be sure there are no corrections needed. If any corrections are needed, please email a complete list within 72 hours of delivery. If the error was on my end, I will of course correct at no charge.
- Non-Delivered Mail | With any handwritten address, sometimes the automated postal scanners have trouble reading the envelope. Any address that cannot be read by machine is routinely hand inspected and mailed by the postal employees. Someone in the post office should be able to read cursive!
By purchasing this listing, you are agreeing to the above terms. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.