Commissioned Calligraphy/Engraving: Live event
- Live, on-site event engraving
- August 23, 2020
- San Jose, CA
- 4 hours of engraving
- Payment in full required for reservation of the date
I always consider it an honor and a privilege to be included in your special day. I know that you have put thought and care into your special event. You can trust me to put great thought and care into my work.
Because this may be your first experience commissioning calligraphy engraving, I thought it would help to explain a little how all this works. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you again for choosing me to be a part of your special project!!
- Services | I will personally provide all the agreed upon services unless otherwise discussed. I do not outsource to other artists without letting you know.
- Artistic Style | Upon contracting my services, you should have spent time reviewing my work to know that you like and trust my artistic style and abilities. You can be assured that I will create your project to the same quality as the similar item samples you see on my website.
- Handwritten Work | Please keep in mind that, unlike computer-generated text, the beauty of handwritten calligraphy is the natural variation in letter form and layout. My hand will not make each letter exactly the same every single time. These variations result in every piece of writing being a unique work of art.
- Licensing | As the artist, I remain the sole owner of all artistic rights. I do not grant legal right to reproduce, copy, alter, or manufacture my work without a specific and separate licensing agreement.
- Photography | You are more than welcome (and encouraged!) to share images of my work on social media. Please ensure that you clearly credit me on any and all posts (i.e. “Calligraphy by Kestrel Montes”). If sharing on Instagram, please tag @inkmethis. I highly appreciate it when you send me any professional photography taken of my work. I will take care not to post photos that contain full addresses or contact information (i.e. envelope photos will always be digitally altered or cropped to protect privacy).
- Payment Schedule | Minimum 4 hours must be paid up front to reserve the date on my calendar. Cancellation over 60 days before the event date qualify for 100% refund. Cancellation over 30 days before the event date qualify for 50% refund. Cancellations over 15 days before the event date qualify for 25% refund. Cancellations within15 days of the event date will not receive a refund.
- Work Station | Please provide a table and chair in a well-lit area. I can work on a pretty small surface but need room to lay out the items that have been engraved while waiting for guests to pick them up. I do not require an electrical outlet.
- Supplies & Materials | Client will provide all items to be engraved. I am happy to assist in suggesting sources or items. Glass, crystal, and metal all engrave reliably. While not necessary, it is always appreciated if you allow me to review the item or even test a sample ahead of time. I will provide all engraving materials and tools (such as the gold/silver glass fill).
- Quantity | While I can engrave most small items in only a few minutes each, guests often enjoy watching and want to interact with me. Please understand that this will slow the process some but it is also part of the experience for your guests. I do my best to be polite, interactive, and efficient all at the same time.
- Additional Blanks | Please understand that error is inevitable in hand-produced work. For projects of an individual nature, please provide a minimum of 10% additional blank product with a minimum of 10 count. The more extras I have, the faster I can work and the sooner you will get your order.
By purchasing this listing, you are agreeing to the above terms. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.