The traditional hand of Copperplate Script is considered a timeless beauty! And now you want to learn to do it too!! But you cannot learn a formal script from just watching random snippets of video on Instagram.
In order to gain a foundational understanding that you can apply to your ink-to-paper practicing, it takes a cohesive and sequential examination of the elements that make Copperplate the gorgeous script that has kept it a favorite for 200 years. We will spend the whole day focusing just on this one script style! You will be well on your way to creating your own swoon-worthy posts (or save yourself hundreds of dollars on your future invitation addressing needs).
And if your heart really prefers modern style calligraphy, learning Copperplate script is what will take your skills to the next level. If you were to pick the modern calligraphers on Instagram who really stand out as having beautiful style, I would bet you a burrito that they have studied and practiced Copperplate.
I can't wait to spend this amazing day with you!!
*** Please note: While this class is designed for the beginner to Copperplate Script, I will not have time to cover basic pointed pen skills. If you are not totally comfortable in using a pointed pen, please also sign up for Dip Pen Calligraphy; The Tricks Revealed (May 25)
| WHEN |
• Saturday, June 8
• 9:30 am - 4:30 pm (we'll break for lunch, multiple options within walking distance)
| LOCATION |
• Fiber Circle Studio, Cotati
• Located about 45 minutes north of San Francisco in the Sonoma County wine country. Make this workshop an excuse for a weekend get-away!
• Room for only 8 participants so you will get lots of attention and interaction
| SUPPLIES TO BRING |
• Calligraphy pen holder and favorite nibs
• Ruler (6" is fine)
• Regular pen for taking notes
• Colored pencil or pen for marking work samples
• I will supply walnut ink, sumi ink, and practice pages
| ABOUT KESTREL |
My formal career training is in teaching (I have a master's degree in education and used to teach high school and junior college Spanish and math). This background gives me the pedagogical knowledge to structure the workshop for best learning. I am a self-taught calligrapher who then received formal training from four highly skilled calligraphers. I love combining those two interests into teaching modern calligraphy to others who want to enjoy this fun and popular hobby!
| CANCELLATIONS |
• Please ensure you can attend the specified date/time. As the venue location will be secured based on registration numbers, no refunds/cancellations will be granted. If you are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, you may transfer your attendance to a willing friend (please arrange with me via email in advance).
• Minimum attendance 5 students
| THE FINE PRINT|
By registering for the workshop you agree to the below terms, which form a binding legal contract between Kestrel Montes and the registered attendee. If applicable, by purchasing registration for another participant, you attest that s/he is aware of and agrees to the below terms.
• EVENT FEE: Any additional costs such as travel or meal expenses are not included in registration and shall be born by the attendee.
• PHOTO RELEASE: By participating in the workshop, you acknowledge and agree to grant inkmethis the right to capture and use your image without any further approval from you or any payment to you.
• EVENT CONTENT: The contents and materials used in the workshop are the sole intellectual property of Kestrel Montes. Workshop materials are for personal use by the attendee and may not be redistributed in any manner. Attendees may not record audio or video of the workshop session.
• PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENT: Participants should be at least 14 years old. Please do not bring children/babies with you to the workshop.
• PAYMENT: Payment in full is due upon registration.
• REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS: Requests for refund will not be granted. In the event that Kestrel Montes must cancel the workshop, an alternate date or full refund will be offered.
• DISCLAIMER: The workshop content and materials are provided on a "as-is" basis. Kestrel Montes gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the workshop.